• The workshop begins with a brief visual presentation that provides motivation and
directions for the activity. It highlights the topics of creative collaboration and community
building while emphasizing that everyone is creative with something to contribute to the
workshop and in life.
• Working in groups of 4 or 5, participants will use a variety of art materials and tools to create
4 x 4 ft. design panels with color, textures, words, and symbolic shapes. These panels later
will be viewed individually or joined with others for a larger display.
• Participants will develop a goal, create a vision, and take action. They will communicate,
share diverse ideas, be flexible in their planning, compromise and finally agree as a team.
They will learn about art and its ability to unite people and to make a difference through active
• This 2-hour workshop is for middle school and high school age students and can be adapted
for other participants and families.
• Workshop Size—40 to 80 participants. A larger format is possible
and will require additional compensation.
• The host organization is asked to provide one adult mentor for
every 10 participants and a four-member support team to assist
with the facility and logistical arrangements throughout the
Costs: Vary from $500 upward depending on the workshop size, location and other specific detail.
During this hands-on collaborative mural-making activity participants are encouraged to look beyond themselves to support and contribute to others while exploring their creative gifts and talents. Workshops sessions are for small or large groups and require a large open gym-like space and a nearby smaller classroom.
2005 National Youth Summit, Washington DC
with over 500 youth leaders from across the nation.
OBX YMCA Nags Head, NC.
Partner with Us
Shop online at Blick Art Supplies, Crayola, Utrecht Art Supplies and other
national merchants and help sponsor and support art programs at Schuler Arts.